1.3.10

2010.14

Well this week is officially supposed to be my rest week after my intense first build session. However, since last week was made completely out of snow, rain and fail, it kind of became my rest week. That leaves this week for doing stuff. stuff like riding. or 'training' as the industry calls it. So let's bring on the Build 2!

Monday: Rest day. Rested.

Tuesday: It was a beautiful day out, so I decided to ride to a group ride and do that kind of thing. I was running late, so I pushed it perhaps a bit too hard going there. Averaged 19.7 mph getting to the start. Felt strong for most of the ride, setting the pace, the first up the climbs and all. However, at around 10 or fewer miles to go, I hit the wall. and hard. I don't think it was nutrition based, as I had my usual super power breakfast of cheerios, milk, and tiny chocolate chips. I also had a single gel at mile 30. I was going to bring two gels, but I forgot in my rush to get out of the house. Well, here's the data:
Time: 3:20:32
Distance: 58.96 mi
Speed: 17.6 / 32.2 mph
HR: 159 / 188 bpm
Cadence: 94 / 145 rpm

Wednesday: Decided on recovering a bit from yesterday's ride. What a cop out.

Thursday: Did some cruise intervals. Warmed up 5 minutes, HR zone 4-5a for 7 minutes, rest to zone 2 for 3 minutes, repeat interval 3 times total, warm down 5ish minutes. It was interesting. I had a hard time getting my heartrate up. It felt like I should have been going anaerobic for the minimum HR that I was supposed to keep. It had the same RPE as my 20min intervals that I'd been doing on the track bike. This just goes to show that I should start training with heartrate on the track bike more often. Anyhow, here's the most uninteresting data set ever:

Friday: Nothing. Long day at work.

Saturday: Nothing. Even longer day at work.

Sunday: 1.5 hour ride. Kind of a freeform 'fartlek' style ride. did some sprints, some fast hill climbs, some slow hill climbs, some slow riding in general, some kinda fast riding. The ride started out pretty poorly. I wasn't really feeling it, and I was slow slow slow. My legs finally woke up a bit, though, and I felt back to normal by the end. I think part of the problem was the weather. It was a nice, warm day for once, but with a chilly wind that would pick up from time to time. This means that I would start to sweat and then get chills, which is one thing I was never good at coping with on the bike. I also was having trouble breathing. I don't think it was in a lack of aerobic conditioning kind of way, but instead more that I've inhaled too much dust and crud at the bike shop the past few days.
Time: 1:33:29
Distance: 25.53 mi
Speed: 16.4 / 34.5 mph
Cadence: 89 / 138 rpm

Weekly Wrap-up:
Wanted: 6hrs
Actual: 5.5 hrs
Grade: 91.7 = A Congratulations, me!

No comments:

Post a Comment