16.10.12

2012.47: 10/15 - 10/21

Sunday: No riding.  Did 4x1.5 min planks with 1.5 min rest, then 3x30 rep transverse planks.

Saturday: I finally was able to attend a Kissena 150 ride.  This is an end-of-season group ride put on each year consisting of (roughly) 50 laps at the rail, 50 at the stayers, 50 at the pole.  This year was dedicated to Dave Jordan, who passed away earlier in the year.  There was a nice group of riders out, including MikeW, ChrisB, LaCorte, (new world champ) Kim, Colin and his father, and team-mates Jen, Dave, and Aaron.  The ride itself was a little unsteady, which I think was a combination of wind and a broad range of abilities, but it was still a beautiful day out.  Afterward, I talked with Colin and LaCorte for a bit.  It was nice to see both of them, particularly Colin since he's generally busy doctoring now.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/235405975
NP/IF/TSS: N/A

Friday: No riding.  Visited Dan at the shop.  I think that is all.

Thursday: Pink Rhino Ultimate Team Meeting.  I headed in to Atlantic terminal early to try to meet up with Aaron and Dave at PP to do some laps.  Too bad I didn't start my garmin for the ride to the train, because I was on the rivet the whole time to make it to the train on time.  As for PP, I rode down, did one slow lap without seeing the team, stopped for 15 minutes, still didn't see them, did some half-assed laps with one or two legit digs, then rode to the meeting.  Turns out they wanted pizza instead, so they didn't get down to the park.  Oh well.  On the plus side, I'm now team president.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/234826555
NP/IF/TSS: 151W/0.652/46

Wednesday: Tried for a longer ride in the morning.  It ended up being shorter distance-wise than I thought, but it was still good.  I was hoping for 40-45miles. Afterward, I met up with Karl as he was trying some Shen/Cheung stuff at the track to work out his aero position.  I was more interested on working on my slow riding and track standing.  In between Karl's aero tests, we tried some match sprint tactics on each other.  I can still use some practice, but I feel a lot more confident.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/234525309
NP/IF/TSS: 151W/0.652/46
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/234525225
NP/IF/TSS: N/A

Tuesday: Rode around on the peugeot with Dan.  Not really sure how far we went.  Maybe 10ish miles?  Down browns to lake ronkonkoma and back along gibbs pond, stopping at parks and little vinnies along the way.  It felt good, despite the cold wind.  No data.

Monday: It was warmish but windyish, so I went out for a short, easy ride.  It was surprisingly painful.  I don't know if that was wind or just the fact that I hadn't been riding for 2+weeks.  Not much to really say.  Talked to a guy fishing at stony brook.  At west meadow, I had fun with the apparent wind.  Heading from spit to beach at ~16mph, it felt like there was no wind, so I turned around again and immediately got blasted with wind.  From this, I would have to say that the wind was blowing at about 16mph.  hooray.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/233883166
NP/IF/TSS: 169W/0.733/109

No comments:

Post a Comment