10.10.12

2012.46: 10/8 - 10/14

I think some time this week I'll start to work on my annual training plan for next year.  How exciting!  I'm also looking into getting a squat rack to bring my training to the next level.  We'll see how that goes.

Sunday: Ditto to saturday.

Saturday: No riding.  Got to crew on the oyster sloop Christeen for the day.

Friday: Went sailing in the morning.  I tried to make it out before the winds picked up to a small craft advisory, but I think I got too late of a start.  Buried the rail a few times, but didn't have enough hands to bail the cockpit while also tending the main, jib and rudder.  Let the jib flog for a bit until I could get it down, but then I ended up blown against some reeds that I couldn't get out of.  Eh, could have been worse.  As for bike related stuff, I did some more core work.  3x1.5min planks with 1.5 min rest and 1 more 1min plank.  Then 3 sets of 30 transverse planks, and 2x25 calf raises.

Thursday: It was cold and windy, I gave thought to riding the trails, but I wasn't sure if they'd be muddy from some rain we had last night.  Just visited dan again.  No riding.  EDIT: I think I worked on my ATP for next year today.  I'll write a post about that eventually.

Wednesday: I was going to (side note, I feel like I start a lot of entries with this) go sailing early in the morning as the tide was going to be high and the winds low.  Then I check at like 4am and now there's a small craft advisory and thunder forecast for right when I was going to put in.  So I slept in instead, woke up to a beautiful day, visited dan at the bike shop and afterward rode down to the water.  The weather and water were perfect, but the tide was still less than half with only an hour or so until dark, so no sailing.  Long story short, I rode the fixed gear for like 4 miles.  Of course no data.

Tuesday: Rainy day, no riding.  No way am I going to start riding rollers already. Did some core/leg work in the evening.  5x1min planks with 1 min rest, 3x30 transverse planks, 3x10 unweighted squat jumps.

Monday: Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment