20.2.12

2012.13: Build 1 Week 1

Wait, build 1 already?  Ohhh boy...

ALSO, This week starts me altering my methods of getting my IF and TSS.  Prior to this, I was putting all of my rides in one big ol' Golden Cheetah rider profile.  Now I've created a profile just for this season, and that is where the new numbers come from.

Sunday: The plan was Trevor's ride.  Yeah, no.  I woke up late instead hoping the day would warm up a bit.  Eventually after much lounging, I noticed that Ron had posted an afternoon B/B+ ride, so I figured I didn't have much to lose by ambling over there and spinning around with everyone.  Turns out a couple of other faster guys showed up, so we took turns turning the screws on each other, while the rest of the group was able to ride together and just roll their eyes at us.  We stopped at McDonalds, where I decided to give the limited edition shamrock shake a try.  Probably a dumb idea.  More importantly, I was too busy enjoying my shake to remember to turn my garmin back on.  Of course during this time between mcdonalds and the parking lot, I took some really good 300+W pulls (really, I swear!).  So there goes that data.  Rode back home into the wind barely pushing past 200W as my legs were nice and toasty by then.  Also, no achilles troubles today.  The new cleats felt delightful (see friday's edit).
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/152997067
NP/IF/TSS: 179W/0.854/193

Saturday: Standing starts again.  This time I used my straps on my pedals, so I was able to go a little crazy.  The problem with the way I'm doing this exercise now is that I really have no quantifiable way of telling whether I'm getting better or not.  I don't have a designated start or stop or anything.  Whatever.  I guess bottom line is they'll help one way or another.  Also, did my PT stuff at night minus the walking lunge guys.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/152541753
NP/IF/TSS: N/A

Friday: No riding.  PT exercises at night.  Also did some transverse planks, 3x10 squats.
EDIT: I also took the time to replace my cleats on my road shoes at night.  I had noticed the other day that I have a little bit of side to side play in my foot, rotating about a fore-aft axis.  I originally was just going to switch my right and left cleats, but my left cleat broke moving it over, so new cleats it is!

Thursday: What a warm day.  I got up early to ride a little bit before PT, only being able to ride to port jeff before turning around on 347 to make it back in time.  After PT, while starting to ride home, I noticed my achilles didn't hurt at all.  Strange.  As such, I took a detour down to yaphank to add in a few miles to make this a bit of an endurance ride.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/151994088
NP/IF/TSS: 170W/0.809/170

Wednesday: The plan was for a long endurance ride today, but I ended up sleeping in very late.  I just wasn't feeling it today.  Eventually I got out the door in time to just ride to the two local beaches.  My achilles started hurting along the way, which sucks considering how short of a ride it was.  I'm starting to think this is from a new exercise they have me doing at PT.  I didn't do my PT exercises in the evening in order to rest up a little.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/151994099
NP/IF/TSS: 180/0.857/67

Tuesday: Rode to PT.  Afterward, I headed to the Port Jeff area to do some hill climbing.  I wanted to map a couple of climbs, and maybe see if I could get some PRs on some others.  Unfortunately, I had two things working against me.  First, I didn't bring gloves because it was supposed to be warm, getting warmer.  Instead it was mild, getting far colder and windier.  Also, my achilles felt like it was acting up a bit, too.  Jessie asked me during PT if I thought it was helping at all.  I said I didn't know.  I think I have a better idea now...
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/151502054
NP/IF/TSS: 212W/1.009/175

Monday: rest day.  rested.

2 comments:

  1. Hurray for the new golden cheetah file.

    Hmm could it be the cold that is making your ankle worse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. very possible. it seems to only happen when it's cold out.

    ReplyDelete