3.12.09

2010.01 - Week 1!

Well this is my first week with a 'real' training plan.

...and i'm sick. Two days before the start I started to get aches in my knees and lower back and a killer headache. Feeling better now.

Monday- Scheduled: rest. Actual: rest. cha-ching!

Tuesday- Scheduled: 30 min low intensity. Actual: sick again, but walked at night for 30 min. good enough!

Wednesday- Scheduled: 1:15 low intensity. Actual: doctor and sleep. feeling better though.

Thursday- Scheduled: 45 min low intensity. Actual: 1 hour mostly low intensity. I got a little too excited early on in the ride (hey, it'd been a week since i last rode!). I slowed down eventually once my lung started burning. Apparently i'm not completely recovered from my random illness yet.

Distance: 17.57 mi
Time: 1:01:12.62
Speed: 17.2/33.7 (avg/max) mph
HR: 154/172 bpm

Friday- Scheduled: 30 minutes moderate intensity spinning. I'm trying to raise my max cadence on the rollers as well as my 1 minute average. Actual: Same. I'm hoping to upload some garmin info soon so whomever can see the workout in graph form. I really like this workout, 1 min on 3 min off for 5. I think this is one of my major limiters in my kilo. I always would start out with a great cadence, but then it would drop off about halfway. In these workouts, I could get to 30 seconds, but then it became very difficult to maintain cadence. Coincidence? I think not. I'll have to keep on doing these for a few weeks.


Saturday- Scheduled: 1:15 low intensity endurance. Actual: well it turns out i'm going in to the city all day, so hopefully some rollers at night. edit: not so much.

Sunday- Scheduled: 45 min low intensity. Actual: again, not so much.

Conclusions: I'd call this week about a 50% success. However, being sick, I think that it could have been worse. Next week I'll have to modify my plan a bit as I'll be heading to the OTC from thursday to sunday for my race mechanic's certification.

No comments:

Post a Comment