1.9.11

RACE: Kreb Friday Night #10 - 8/26

This was the last Friday night race of the season. I figured I might as well do it, since I also did the first race. Closure and all that. I decided at the last minute to switch to my race tubs again, since there wasn't much point to lugging around my relatively heavy ptap wheel without being able to get some power data from it. This made me a little late and I had to rush out the door.

I made it in time, but realized I forgot to stop at the bank to get money for the race fees. Chris was kind and let me race on an IOU. I did the A race this time, with a relatively low turnout. I doubt even 10 guys. 16 laps in total, I believe. Everything started fine, and was going along de rigeur. I tried to make a few breaks work out, but it wasn't to be. Eventually at 8 to go, a prime was announced. I for some reason led that entire lap from the bell around. At the hill Gregory jumped in between me and one other guy, which was honestly impressive. I attacked after him and got a good gap going, but I always forget there's a flat section between the top of the hill and the turn for the finish. Eventually, by the time I hit the finish line two guys sprinted past me, but I still had a gap in front of everyone else. Again, I didn't eat much that day, so I got dropped trying to get back on the group. I warmed down for a few laps and then sat and watched the finish sprint. Ben was there as well, able to do the B race. I think he finished in the money. Congrats Ben!

No comments:

Post a Comment