18.1.11

2011.08: 1/17-1/23 Base 3 Week 1

Sunday: nada. rested after those squats yesterday.

Saturday: supposed to be hills, i think. Instead, I did a new workout that I created. I warmed up on the rollers for 5 minutes, then switched to 3 sets of 10 squats with 80lb weight. between each set, I rode the rollers for 3 minutes. After the final set, I warmed down for 4 minutes. Total time riding was 15 minutes, 22 minutes in all.

Friday: shoveled snow, no riding. maybe 2 hours or so.

Thursday: supposed to do spin-ups, but instead just did a little case study of my riding style at higher rpms. took maybe 5 minute, basically just videotaped 3 all out spinning efforts. still couldn't get above 180rpm. I can't figure it out. i played around with my saddle height on the track bike a little. I think it's 3mm lower than before. One thing i noticed though is that my track saddle is horribly uncomfortable now. I guess it's from a lack of use or something. I might switch to an arione.

Weduesday: had a long endurance ride scheduled, but it was raining all morning. finally broke in the afternoon. I decided to do some winter sports instead. started by walking to the local empty field, where i did some cross country skiing for about an hour, then walked to this hiking park, where i went snow shoeing. lost a glove along the route, so I had to double back. found it eventually. i'd say that was probably another hour. walked home, i'd say all in all around 3 hours of fun.
EDIT: also did some cruise intervals. I was supposed to do these yesterday, but was too sleepy. I was aiming for 3 intervals of 7 minutes with 3 minutes rest, but ended up doing 3 of 6 with 3. Here's some data: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/64231832
Time: 00:35:03
Avg Power/Cadence:
Int1: 244/107
Int2: 237/107
Int3: 234/104

Tuesday: Bouldering for 2 hours, followed by some gym work upstairs. Felt good, worked some problems that had been giving me some trouble. Have a few new problems to work next time.

Monday: supposed to be a rest day, but since last week ended on a low, I figured I would just spin on the rollers for a little. data to follow.
Time: 00:20:00

No comments:

Post a Comment