11.1.10

2010.07

Monday: well mondays are supposed to be rest days. but today it was a restless day. because i'm restless. rode outside. it was cold. what else is new. Looking back at the data, i was very slow for my HR. however, that being said, i spent most of my time above what I thought was LT. So perhaps this base mile stuff has been upping my LT, but limiting my force. which i think is what's supposed to happen. i'll avoid getting too discouraged just yet, and hope my plan is still working correctly.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/22369777
Distance: 20.58
Time: 1:13:26.34
Speed: 16.8 / 34.9
Cadence: 101 / ? (wait a tic, since when has my garmin not given me max cadence?)
HR: 176 / 194

Tuesday: Did an easy 30 minute spin to work the legs a bit. Also worked on gluing up my brother's tubulars.

Wednesday: Rode with Karl and George from the team. It was nice to ride with other people again as I get more of a feel for where I stand in the whole fitness spectrum. I started strong, climbed well, but was dead by the end of the ride. I've been getting that alot lately. I'm not sure if it's fitness based, or nutrition based. Hopefully further testing and observation will tell. Oh, also, let me talk about the ride. Very hilly. Hills I didn't even know existed. Roads I didn't know existed either, for that matter. I really enjoyed that part as i always tell myself i'm going to check out some new roads but hardly ever do. Also, I think something might be up with my cadence sensor. I was doing some fast spinning on a downhill, but I only got a reading of around 130. Felt more in the 170s to me. Maybe i'm mistaken. who knows.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/22369765
Distance: 46.29 miles
Time: 2:45:14.10
Speed: 16.8 / 39.6
Cadence: 87 / ?
HR: 164 / 190

Thursday: core and strength work. calf raises, crunches with a twist, transverse planks, planks, declined pushups, plyometric squat jumps. i think that was everything. just did one set of each.

Friday: 30 minutes on the rollers. nothing special. Various points along my left leg have been bugging me. I'll have to look into this. mainly at the midpoint and endpoints. maybe it's time to re-evaluate my cleat position.

Saturday: was hoping to ride. woke up late.

Sunday: rainy day. i was on the verge of riding the rollers at night, but then my feet got cold. like literally, not i got cold feet. so i didn't bother.

End of week overall time:
Goal: 5.5 hrs
Actual: 5 hrs
Grade: 90.1 = A (good job!)

No comments:

Post a Comment