3.12.13

2013: A Look Back

Well with the CanAmQue challenge now over, I'm going to call 2013 done and move on to 2014.  So let's take a look back:

Here were the goals I had come up with:
1. Sub 1:15 kilo
2. Win Opening Weekend and/or States
3. Race Pro-Am (Upgrade to Cat 2)

How'd I do?  Well, at states I had a 1:14.65, so I beat goal 1.  I also won Opening Weekend, so that's two for two.  Finally, I put in for my Cat 2 upgrade and got it as of September 23rd, so while I didn't race any pro-am races, I did get my upgrade.

I think that means I actually beat all my goals for once.  I'm shocked, and yet honestly I feel like this season wasn't all that great.  I don't know why, but I don't feel satisfied or fulfilled.  Maybe it was my poor performance at States.  Maybe it's just end of season burnout.  I swear it gets worse each year, as I suppose it should.  I keep racing more and harder each year, so it stands to reason that the burnout gets more intense, too.  I wonder how long I can keep this up.  I definitely suffered with motivation all year, and despite good results I hardly ever felt on top of my game.  Instead, I generally felt frustrated.  I think this was from a combination of forces, like frustration with not enough training, endless frustration at work, not having team-mates to race with, and just general dissatisfaction with how things are going.

By the numbers, it looks like I wrote 39 race reports, which seems like a respectable number.  Granted, four of those are roller races.

Here's my 2013 palmares:
1st - Pennsylvania Track BAR - Stagiares
1st - Kissena Spring Classic
1st - 2nd Life Bicycles Roller Race Series
2nd - Kissena Omnium
2nd - NYVelocity Roller Race
3rd - Kissena Labor Day Track Meet
3rd - GSVA Keirin Cup
3rd - Kreb Cyclocross #1
6th - State Championships

Fuji Super Tuesdays
Times raced: 9
Omnium placings:
First: 3
Second: 3
Third: 1

Kissena Twilight Series:
Times raced: 15
Omnium placings:
First: 4
Second: 3
Third: 2
Note that a few of the wednesdays didn't have an omnium.

And that's that.  Thanks to my team and everybody else who has supported me over this past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment