10.7.12

2012.33: 7/9 - 7/15

Sunday: Team picnic at the track.  Tried out the track tandem.  We also took some photos and weeded the top of the track.  Yeah, our team rocks.

Saturday: No riding.  Not sure why.

Friday: Raced the Friday Kreb race.  See race report.

Thursday: Went in to brooklyn to help andy rebuild his road bike after his crash last week.  Afterward, we did an easy shakedown ride over to rockleigh to watch the crit.  On the way we met up with a cool guy named Chris from CT by way of CO.  Real strong guy.  On the way back andy hung back with a kissena teammate who was coming back from rocleigh and I opted to go ahead with Chris.  That was a bit much for my legs, but I held on.  Waiting at the GWB we ran into Brean, which was cool.  In manhattan Andy and I got some Chipotle and right afterward, I rode straight through a red light without even thinking.  I blame my burrito coma.  Fortunately, I somehow made it through in a lucky gap between cars.  In hindsight, it was pretty scary.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/198636256
NP/IF/TSS: 154W/0.668/205

Wednesday: Sailing lessons.  No riding.  Woke up at 6am thinking it was 6pm, ran out the door to go to my lesson.  That was weird.

Tuesday: No racing at t-town, so I decided to get a good evening ride in.  I saw I had recently lost a KOM on strava for a segment that I didn't even realize was a segment, so I figured I would give it a go again.  I don't really know why this was even created, as it includes a railroad crossing, a 4 way stop, and two traffic lights.  Needless to say, I got stopped at the railroad crossing, the stop, and one traffic light.  But somehow I still got the KOM back.  Magic.  On the way back, I saw someone trying real hard to get up campus bicycle hill.  I bet he was going for that segment.  Also, I went to check up on the rhododendrons and managed to see a big ol' buck in the middle of the road.  Also also, stopping at cordwood park, some little girl told her mother "look mommy, that man has a rhino on his shirt!"  Damn right. I think that's all the news that's fit to print.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/197969169
NP/IF/TSS: 196W/0.850/138

Monday: No riding.  More resting.  My ribs are feeling better again, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment