28.11.11

2012: A Look Ahead

The next season is upon me. I look to it with indifference and a lack of motivation. I think it was the extra time off that I took this year, but I just do not even want to begin the training regimen. However, the fact of the matter is here we are, so training must occur. I've decided that my main focus for next year will be track racing. I'm hoping to go to more wednesday night races, as well as a few (or more) tuesday night t-town races. Perhaps if the season goes well, even some Friday nights. Oh Friday nights. The big league.

Here are the goals that I've come up with for this season:
1. 1:15 Kilo - This is the same time as I foolishly chose two seasons ago. Let's hope I can come out ahead this time.
2. Top 5 at Kissena Opening Weekend and State Championships. Don't fix what ain't broke.
3. Qualify for Elite Track National Championships. I have my eyes to the stars this year. Of course I'll have to change this if they don't have qualifiers again. In that case, I'll probably switch to qualify for all races at elite nats (via a Cat2 upgrade).

The A races that I've chosen so far are Opening Weekend at Kissena and NY State Champs. In addition to this, I have the elite international omnium nationals and standard elite nationals dates on my calendar. My training plan is still a little fuzzy as to what I will do to peak for these after opening weekend, but I'll just play it by feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment