11.5.09

Track Opening Weekend

Well by a strange turn of events, I managed to make it to opening weekend. And as an added bonus, didn't come in DFL. In fact, I was slightly impressed with my results, considering how little I've been able to train. I managed fifth in the kilo, despite completely losing track of my lap count and thinking I was one lap ahead of where I was (I advise against doing a kilo on a 400m track-2.5 laps gets very confusing). That really was the only major result. I ended up sliding to 15th place, being one point short of getting 10th. Looking back, I probably could have gotten that point in the last race (a miss and out), but I dropped out early because the field was racing very sketchy. We even had to reride as one guy broke his collarbone after the second lap. Needless to say, I didn't want to suffer the same fate on my birthday with my family watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment